Elections held for SGA and CAB student representatives
Congratulations to the newly elected representatives of the Student Government Association (SGA) and Campus Activity Board (CAB), who will serve during the 2020-2021 academic year.
The office of Student Development coordinated the election, now in its tenth year. Votes were cast by students via online ballots through their student portals, April 15-16, 2020.
SGA members advocate for the welfare of students and act as the liaison between the student body and faculty, administration and staff. The CAB serves as an advisory board to Student Development. CAB members make recommendations on educational and entertainment activities that enhance the cultural, intellectual and social environment of the student body.
2020-2021 Elected SGA Members
- Shannon Crowder, President
- Xaviera McCarthy, Vice President - Union Avenue Campus
- Elizabeth Clark, Vice President - Macon Cove Campus
- Marcellino Foster, Vice President - Satellite Centers
- Mikalah McKay, Representative - Macon Cove Campus
- Brooke Johnson, Representative - Macon Cove Campus
- Leah McKinney, Representative - Union Avenue Campus
- Latreia Bell, Representative - Union Avenue Campus
- Davaeion Patterson, Representative - Satellite Centers
Note: Secretary and treasurer positions will be filled in fall semester 2020.
2020-2021 Elected CAB Representatives
- Abby Bendall
- Marcellino Foster
- Ashley Gaines
- Alexis Gilchrist
- Leah McKinney
- Rodric Hill
- Alexys Thacker
- Carl Slappy, Jr.
Note: CAB representatives will vote for their own officers prior to the start of fall semester 2020.
The newly appointed student leaders look forward to working on behalf of Southwest’s students and anticipate a year filled with promise and opportunities
Scoop - May/June 2020