Dual Enrollment Student Checklist

This checklist is used by prospective students who are current high school students in grades 9-12th wanting to take college level courses. Follow the checklist outlined below to become a NEW SALUQI

Most required documents can be uploaded to the Admissions Documents/Forms Upload page. (Use your student portal login or create an account to upload documents). Transcripts loaded here will be considered official. Schools can submit transcripts to theDual Enrollmentoffice, if necessary.

Submit Online Application for Admission

Create Southwest Student Account

  • Locate and select the "My.Southwest College Portal" button [located in the top right corner of all web pages]
  • Locate and select "First Time Users"
  • Follow the instructions on the page and enter information in appropriate boxes
  • Your username will appear (jsmith) or (jsmith2)
  • To set up your My.Southwest Student Account, follow the directions and create a password. Keep your password in a secure location.
  • To access your student account, repeat steps 1 and 2

For assistance, contact the Help Desk at 901-333-4357 (HELP).

Talk to your Guidance Counselor/Parents

Speak with your guidance counselor at the high school and your parents regarding the Dual Enrollment Program. Your high school will need to give permission for you to participate in the program.

Complete the Forms

Students will complete the Dual Enrollment application online, which now incorporates the Participation Agreement, and acknowledgment of the handbook (First time dual enrollment students).

Parents will now complete the Parent portion of the Participation agreement, Immunization Health History form, and Acknowledgement of the Student/Parent Handbook via DocuSign. Signed documents will come directly to the Dual Enrollment Office.

The link is below:
Dual Enrollment Electronic Forms

Each School (including umbrella home schools) will submit:

  • High School Transcripts w/ GPA and ACT scores if available (if a first time Dual Enrollment student).
  • Course Data Form - The Course Data form will now be required from the school. This form designates the course requested by the school, and student(s) who are to be registered for the course. Required information includes the students' names, social security number, CRN of the class, and authorized signature from the school giving permission for the student(s) to be registered in designated classes. Without the Course Data form students will not be registered for classes.

These forms should be emailed to dualenrollment@southwest.tn.edu.

Request Your Academic Transcript

Request a high school transcript be sent to the office.

Note: The transcript can be uploaded here or emailed to the Dual Enrollment Coordinator. The transcript will only need to be submitted for admissions purposes only.

ACT/SAT Scores

For placement purposes, submit official ACT or SAT scores that were taken within the last five (5) years. (Scores can be uploaded here or emailed to the Dual Enrollment Coordinator.)

Effective summer 2020 and fall 2020, if test scores are not available the high school GPA will be used for course placement.

Dual Enrollment Grant

To be considered for the dual enrollment grant, all dual enrollment students must complete the "TSAC Dual Enrollment Grant Application."For more information, contact Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation.

Dual Enrollment Handbook

All new students will receive the Dual Enrollment Handbook. It has important information including Grades, Withdrawal dates, and Parking Information, etc.

The book can be found here Dual Enrollment Handbook.

Academic Advising

Academic advising is required by your High School Guidance Counselor. They will advise you of the classes you are permitted to take. If you are a home school student, you would need to contact the Home School Head office for advising. For any questions, please contact the Dual Enrollment Coordinator.

Register for Classes

Once you have seen and talked to your Guidance counselor, your school will add the CRN code of the class(es) you would like to take and submit them to our office on the Course Data Form. The course schedule for fall, spring & summer can be found here Course Schedule. The Dual Enrollment office will register you for classes.

Disability Services

Students needing disability assistance should visit the Disability Services (Center for Access) website for complete information.

Pleaselet the Dual Enrollment Coordinator know so we can connect you for services.

Pay for Classes

If you are not eligible for the Dual Enrollment grant, please contact the Bursar’s office for Payment Options.

Southwest Student Identification (ID) Card

Once you have finalized registration, secure your Southwest Student Identification (ID) Card in Student Development.

Parking (For Students Taking Classes on Campus)

Obtain a required Parking Hang Tag from the office of Police Services/Public Safety.

Purchase Textbooks

Print a "Student Detail Schedule" from your My.Southwest student account and take it to the bookstore or purchase books online at eFollett.

TN eCampus degree students should visit the Southwest TN eCampus or TN eCampus bookstore for course and book information.

Report to Class

The "Student Detail Schedule" contains the time and location of your classes. For additional assistance, view How to Read the Schedule. Students are expected to attend all classes.

For further assistance, call Admissions and Records at 901-333-4251.

Last updated: August 7, 2020