GENERAL GUIDELINES AND PRECAUTIONS
Timeline and activities described below are contingent upon health and safety guidelines and current pandemic conditions and are subject to change.
The following protocols outlined in this report are developed in accordance with Tennessee Board of Regents and CDC guidelines to establish activities and procedures to be implemented as part of the College’s plan for returning employees, students and vendors to campuses and worksites during the phased Back to Campus plan:
- Implement workplace cleaning and disinfection practices with regular sanitation of frequently touched surfaces every 2 hours. Reinforce healthy hygiene practices such as hand washing.
- Implement and enforce social distancing guidelines (at least 6 feet apart). Workstations should be evaluated and spaced apart. Schools may want to consider placing marks 6 feet apart where students stand in line.
- Schools will want to evaluate classrooms and perhaps mark off every other desk or take whatever action is necessary to keep people 6 feet apart in the classroom.
- Post signs on health policies. Post signs on how to stop the spread of COVID-19, properly wash hands, promote everyday protective measures, and properly wear a face covering.
- Require employees and students to wear a cloth (or other type) face mask while on campus in common areas. They may supply their own face mask or use one provided by the school.
- Require all employees and students to report any personal illness and any exposure to a Covid-19 positive case.
- Prohibit congregating in break rooms and other common areas and limit capacity of these spaces to permit social distancing of at least 6 feet. In the alternative, you may consider closing break rooms or eating spaces for a period on time. Do not schedule social events of more than 10 people.
- Limit restrooms to 50 percent of capacity and provide signage and other physical barriers to prevent overcrowding and ensuring safe social distancing in these confined areas.
- Post the following notifications at workplace entrances to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Stay at home when sick.
- Avoid personal contact by practicing physical distancing.
- Cough and sneeze etiquette.
- CDC Guidelines on personal hygiene/hand washing practices.
- Notification requirements if an employee develops any symptoms of COVID-19.