Intern with a Local Company Off Campus
What is an Internship and Why are They Important?
An internship is an entry-level, part-time position that allows students to gain real-world work experience and make valuable connections in professional fields related to their chosen career path. Internships also help students develop their professional skills and build their workplace confidence.
To be considered for Southwest's paid, off-campus internship program, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be in pursuit of an associate degree at Southwest;
- Have completed at least fifteen credit hours of college-level coursework where at least two classes are related to the student's major. Some majors require additional coursework;
- Have a minimum overall GPA of 2.5;
- Be currently enrolled in at least one course at Southwest;
- Have reliable transportation.
For more information about the program, please contact Cortney Ward at email@example.com, or 901-333-4789.
Steps to Apply for an Internship
If you meet all of the above requirements and would like to be considered for the internship program, please complete the following steps:
Note: It is highly recommended that students interested in a paid internship complete this application during the semester before the one that they want to start working. Internship availability is based on industry needs and employer demand; and therefore, cannot be guaranteed
Create or update your resume. If you do not have a resume, you can use Optimal Resume - a free online resume-builder, to build your professional resume.
Complete the Internship Application below and attach your updated resume