Graduation and Commencement Information
Commencement - 2019
We are excited to announce that Southwest Tennessee Community College will salute its Spring 2019 graduates at Commencement.
We are extremely proud of all of our graduates and look forward to celebrating their esteemed accomplishments as they move onward and upward in their lives. Please stay tuned to additional details and important dates and deadlines that are forthcoming in preparation for the upcoming Spring 2019.
You will receive notification via Southwest email and personal email of the dates for diploma pick-up. Please make sure your personal email and phone number are current in the Records Office.
Applying For Graduation
Students planning to graduate should follow the steps outlined below:
- Complete the online Application for Graduation through the My.Southwest portal.
- Schedule missing course requirements to be completed during the perceived final semester.
- Schedule and complete any required graduate exit exam(s).
Application Deadline Dates
- Summer Semester - July 1
- Fall Semester - November 1
- Spring Semester - April 1
If you have questions regarding the Application for Graduation, email the Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Educational Testing Service (ETS) Proficiency Profile Test
All Associate of Arts (A.A.), Associate of Science (A.S.) and Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree graduating students are required to take this test.
- Major Field Examination
All Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree graduating students are required to take an examination in their major field of study.