Welcome to the Mechanical Engineering Technology program. The Mechanical Engineering Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree enables the student to enter the job market as a Mechanical Engineering Technician in either manufacturing or design.
A.A.S. Degree Programs
Technical Certificate Programs
According to the Greater Memphis Medical Device Council (GMMDC) the salaries are:
- Entry level Machinist $35,000-$47,00 per year
- Finisher $26,000-$34,000 per year
- Packager $20,000-$26,000 per year
- Programmer $58,000-$78,000 per year
- Quality Inspector $42,000-$57,000 per year
- Skilled Machinist $46,000-$62,000 per year
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics the salaries are:
- Mechanical Engineer Technician $53,910 per year*
*This information is provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Mechanical Engineering Technicians
- Quality Inspector $36,000 per year*
*This information is provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2016-17 Edition, Quality Control Inspectors
The overall cost is determined by the number of enrolled hours. View the current Tuition costs.
A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application is the basis for all types of financial aid awarded at Southwest, even scholarships, so go online to apply even if you do not believe that you are eligible for grant programs.
This is determined by which program you take and the number of course(s) per semester.
To find out more about courses offered at Southwest, you can use our Catalog Search to view descriptions of our courses or the Interactive Course Schedule to see when and where a class is being offered.
- American Society for Quality (ASQ)
- Greater Memphis Medical Device Council (GMMDC)
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills, Inc. (NIMS)