Reconnect Today is a last-dollar scholarship for adults available only at Southwest beginning in Fall 2017. With the scholarship, college tuition is free for qualified students who wish to earn an associate degree.
As a last-dollar scholarship, Reconnect Today will cover the cost of tuition and mandatory fees that aren’t paid for through other state and federal financial aid. Reconnect Today won’t cover the costs of some fees, textbooks and other costs like travel or childcare.
- Have 30 or more credit hours and have not yet earned a degree.
- Have been a Tennessee resident since August 1, 2016.
- Complete the FAFSA by December 1, 2017.
- Are designated as an “independent student” on the FAFSA. See more info on the independent student.
- Are seeking to return to college after a break in their college careers.
- Attend and complete at least 6 credit hours or more as a part-time student, beginning Spring 2018.
We look forward to helping you re-enroll at Southwest. You can get the ball rolling right now before you schedule a meeting with us by taking the following steps:
- Download our TN Reconnect Enrollment guide.
- Re-apply to Southwest online to get readmitted.
- Forward transcripts from all schools you have attended since leaving Southwest to our admissions department at:
Southwest Tennessee Community College
Admissions and Recruitment
P.O. Box 780
Memphis, TN 38101-0780
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA online and use the Southwest school code: 010439.
Completing these steps will allow our professional advisors to prepare your degree audit and help finalize your new course schedule for Spring 2018.
If you have any questions, contact Admissions at 901-333-5924 for assistance, or send an email to email@example.com to determine a date to meet with our team. We look forward to helping you Reconnect Today!